1. Is it necessary for both student and their parents to attend?
No. In many cases information will be needed from both student and parents,
however, any missing information can be completed at a later time. It
is recommended that students attend so that they will be aware of the
financial aid process.
2. Is this workshop for High School seniors only?
No. Anyone planning on applying for Financial Aid for the 2013/2014
school year is encouraged to attend.
3. I haven’t completed my 2012 IRS taxes yet, may I still
Yes. You should bring your W-2s, income statements or any other documents
which report income for 2012. You can still file your FAFSA with estimated
information making sure to estimate as close to your actual income as
possible. You will be required to provide your actual tax information
at a later point.
4. Is there a charge to attend?
No. This is a free workshop, open to all students and their families
5. Do I need to pre register?
No. Pre registration is not required.
6. If unable to be there by the 1 p.m. start time, should I
Yes. We will start promptly at 1 p.m. but, volunteers will be available
to assists those arriving late.
7. My FAFSA is already completed; can I come to College Goal
Sunday and have someone review it just to make sure I completed it correctly?
Yes. Each site will have an “Express Station” staffed with
Financial Aid volunteers to do a quick overview of your completed FAFSA.
Or, if you have only one or two specific questions, you may go directly
to the Express Station and not have to sit through the entire presentation.
8. What is a PIN?
A PIN is an electronic signature used to sign the FAFSA on the Web and
other Financial Aid Documents. When parental information is reported,
both the student and one parent will need to have a PIN.
9. Can someone help me obtain my PIN?
There will be computers at each College Goal Sunday site, with someone
to assist you with getting your PIN.
10. How long will the session last?
The full session, going through the entire FAFSA, will take about two
11. What if I can’t make it to College Goal Sunday; will
you have other sessions later?
No. College Goal Sunday happens only once a year. However if you need
assistance, please contact your high school counselor or a financial
aid officer at the college nearest you.